French Cavalry and I Corps

The final unit for the French I Corps of the 100 Days that I have been putting together for my Blücher project is the 1st Cavalry Division commanded by Général de Division Baron Charles-Claude Jaquinot. This unit was made up of the four regiments of 7e Régiment de Hussards, 3e Régiment de Chasseurs-à-Cheval, 3e Régiment de Chevaux-légers (Lanciers) and 4e Régiment de Chevaux-légers (Lanciers). Each of these regiments were represented by 6 figures in the appropriate uniforms.
 

The Lancers take up the back row, whilst the Hussars and Chasseurs lead the charge. The Division was in the thick of the action during Waterloo, being instrumental in counter attacking the charge of the Union and Hosuehold Brigades.


The unit is a nice mix of French cavalry types and was a pleasure to paint.


I know the lancers probably wouldn't have carried their flags into battle with them, but it's a nice touch to the base and, more importantly, it means I don't waste any figures.


This brings I Corps to an end, so here they are all in their full glory, nine bases in all, along with a sub-commander.


In game terms this is only about 100 points, so I will need to double this amount of figures really to make a decent game of Blücher, but that will be a while off as I turn my attention back to the Allies.


So there's only (!) six more French Corps to finish for the full L'Armée du Nord, but that will be a long way off...

Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. Simply gorgeous, Alex. They look wonderful. Good luck with the other six Corps! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sidney, praise indeed from you! It will be a while before they're all finished, but one day...

      Delete
  2. Alex youve created perfection in miniature! They look amazing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment