Saturday, 3 October 2015

Halkett's 5th Bigade in 6mm

In a break from the Star Wars Miniatures Battles project I completed another base for Blücher. This is the 5th Brigade under Sir Colin Halkett and consists of the 30th, 33rd, 69th and 73rd (Highland) Foot regiments.


The figures came from Baccus and the flags from NapFlags.The base is from Sally 4th.


The unit is a further addition to I Corps, under the Prince of Orange. I have positioned the 30th on the front right, 33rd on the front left and the 69th and 73rd at the rear.


I have also made my battalions smaller for this base, in order to fit all four on there. This makes no difference in game terms, but allowed me to have all the units of the brigade present.


I will be working on the Nassau soldiers from the same Corps as my next unit from Blücher, so check back in future to see them!

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. Now that's a beautiful sight, the thin red line in all its glory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Russ, these 6mm figures really do look epic don't they?

      Delete
  2. A great example of 6mm Napoleonics in all their glory. Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Much appreciated!

      Delete
  3. Really inspiring stuff! Can you tell us how you painted the base - it it some kind of textured paint, sand etc? Also your labels are very nice, do you just print these from a normal printer and stick them on? What glue do you use? Many thanks and keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josh, I am glad they are inspiring! The base is built up with pollyfilla after I had stuck the figures down, next I painted PVA glue over the base and dipped it all in silver sand. Once that was dry I painted the base in Intermediate Green, inkwashed with Flat Earth and finally drybrushed with yellow (here's a tutorial for my cavalry bases that details this technique: http://stormofsteelwargaming.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/7th-cavalry-brigade-in-6mm-for-100-days.html).

      The labels were made on Word, in a table that conformed to the size on the base. I used a 'Napoleonic style' font called 'Lucida Calligraphy' at size 6 and emboldened some of the lettering. Once I'd printed out the labels, (which took two A4 sheets!) I laminated them and cut out the individual unit labels. I then stuck these down with PVA glue. Pretty simple really.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...