Second Blucher Base

I am really getting into the swing of painting 6mm now. I finished off my second base for Blücher, being Byng's 2nd Guard Brigade. During Waterloo these chaps defended Hougoumont, and defended it well. Sorry for the crap pictures, but the camera gave up the ghost in France the other week and these were taken on my phone.


The base is laid out similarly to the 1st Guards Brigade; skirmishers out front and Byng on his horse in the centre. I was also informed that the Guards carried their Regimental and King's colours on opposite sides to the rest of the army, so this reflected here (I haven't got around to changing 1st Guard Brigade's flags yet...)


So my slow burning Blucher project is taking shape, I have completed less than 1% of the cards in the 100 Days Campaign card set and the way things are going I won't be finished for about four years... Never mind, the best things come to those that wait. Anyway, here is the 1st British Division (Foot Guard) without it's artillery support:


Thanks for looking!

Comments

  1. Nice work as always, I can't get into painting Napoleonics in 28mm never mind 6mm! One I will manage to get stuck into my Napoleonic stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Russ, this is one of the reason I have started in 6mm, weirdly enough they are easier to paint than 28mm!! It's just a series of small dots and lines...

      Delete
  2. Nice work. 6mm is definitely the way to go for big battles like Waterloo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have always wanted the 'big battle' experience of Napoleonics, so Blucher is perfect for that. I have WW1 and 2 for skirmish games and below battalion level, so Napoleonics for Brigade and above works perfectly for me!

      Delete
  3. I am currently re basing all my 6mm armies for Blucher. Its nice to see how other wargamers are doing them. Could you tell me where you got the actual Blucher shaped base from please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robbie, the bases came from Sally 4th and are Blucher specific MDF bases (they have them in different sizes):

      http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/epages/950003459.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950003459/Categories/Wargame_Figure_Bases/Blucher_Wargame_Bases

      Delete
  4. OK, I have the Mini-bit stuff with dice, but how did you make and print the information on the back of the base? I cannot seem to get the correct font.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a Word document with a table with cell heights and widths which fitted the size of the space on the rear of the base. I wrote the information in each table cell from the 100 Days Campaign Cards that Honour produce. Once I had printed out the pages, I laminated the entire page and cut each base label out individually. The font is Lucida Calligraphy, which I think, comes with Word anyway and looked to me like a handwritten Napoleonic style. Any would work, any that look good to you!

      Delete

Post a Comment