Stalingrad Support Units

Now the house move and Belgium have both come to an end, I am able to continue working on the Stalingrad project that I have steadily been chewing away at for a while now. The following support elements of the units I have already finished came from Peter Pig, these included these 81mm mortars, which I also crewed with some left over figures by Skytrex. There's one for each battalion here.


Also from PP were these six MG34 crews. There is two of these per battalion, enough to give the Soviets a serious headache.


And finally for this batch of figures are the Battalion HQ for the second battalion. These are some more Plastic Soldier Company early war Germans and I had forgotten to paint these when I completed the second battalion, so they were done in conjunction with the other support weapons.


The onslaught continues, more figures are being added to the pile and soon I will have the Germans done. There is another battalion to finish and some engineers. This is not to mention all the vehicles, but that is all for another day! Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. Great looking units, and nice pics with these splendid streets, once again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I think I need to add more buildings to the background though!

      Delete
  2. Top stuff! How far from being game-ready are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, a long, long way, unfortunately. Not only have I got an engineer battalion to paint, but I also need to get the German armour together... and then paint the Russians! The Russian forces are much smaller though.

      Delete

Post a Comment