Final German Battalion for Stalingrad

Last night I managed to finish off the third and final German Battalion for the 544th Infantry Regiment/389th Infantry Division. It also marks the last figures from the Plastic Soldier Company's Early War German box set (except for some LMG crews and officers that I didn't need). This time, I remembered to paint the battalion HQ!


I ran low on SMG armed NCOs for this last battalion from the box, so I had to ferret out some Peter Pig figures to add to the bases. It gives you a good impression of how the PSC and PP figures fit together though.


The regiment get some support in the form of this 7,5cm le.IG 18, which is a Command Decision model kindly supplied by a chum (along with some more German guns and buildings) in exchange for a hundred or so Japanese figures I had left over. 


There are more support weapons to add to the mix, but that is something for later. And just in case you think that I have been reposting the same pictures of the same handful of figures for the last few months, here is a shot of the regiment as it stands:


I have broken the back of the German list from the Rapid Fire! Supplement I have been using, however, it's not finished just yet; there is still another battalion of Engineers to complete, a fair few tanks to add and some guns. As it's Christmas soon, it may be a couple of months before I'm able to collect these bits and pieces. Meanwhile, I will begin work on the Soviet forces.

Then, maybe in 2042 we can celebrate the 100th anniversary of the battle by actually being able to play a game...

Comments

  1. Ready for 2042! Great looking pictures and figures as always...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I'm glad you've enjoyed following my progress!

      Delete
  2. That's a force to make Paulus proud. They'll be back in the Fatherland enjoying the fruits of victory by Christmas, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope they will as they don't appear to be wearing winter clothing and we all know how cold it gets in the east...

      Delete
  3. Very impressive big unit there. The Peter Pig and PSC figures seem to mix well which I find encouraging as I am mixing their Soviet infantry for my own Ostfront project.
    I'm very impressed by the cobblestone terrain in those pictures - who makes it?
    Cheers,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, the figures definitely work well together. I'm not so sure about the older PSC Soviets and mixing with PP Soviets, but I am about to find out as I want to get at least a few Russians painted.

      The cobblestones come from Magister Militum, in their 15mm terrain ranges. I've had them for ages.

      Delete

Post a Comment